Super Users: Manager, Webmaster, and Treasurer
Gathery will create three superusers for each organization at the time the
organization is created. The three superusers are:
The Manager, or System Administrator, is the most powerful member in this
organization who will be in charge of the following functions:
- create/delete members
- assign membership types to each member
- re-assign a new password to a member
- update personal information for a member
- set up voting ballot for the organizational issues
- list members according to various criteria
- generate various database reports
- create groups
- perform all functions of the "webmaster"
Webmaster is a technical assistant for the manager. The following functions
are specific to the webmaster:
All functions of the "webmaster" can also be done by the "manager"; and
therefore the "webmaster" is actually a redundant role. The purpose
of having a "webmaster" is so that the "manager" can delegate some
technical functions to another person.
- maintain organization web pages
- maintain organization directories/files
- upload organizational announcements
- post organizational events.
Treasurer is the one in charge of the financial side of the organization.
For the purpose of "balance and check", the Treasurer probably should be
a separate person from the Manager. The functions of the Treasurer are:
- input member contributions
- generate various reports on member contributions and pledges
FREE Banner Exchange
Member of the Internet Link Exchange