What can an ordinary member do with Gathery?
If you are just an ordinary member
(as oppose to super users)
of an organization, it is extremely easy to use Gathery: just login from the
home page of your organization and you will be in business.
Once you logged into Gathery, you will see the "greetings" page. On the
greetings page, you will see the following:
- on the left side of the screen are navigation buttons where you can
perform generic services (see details below).
- on the right side of the screen is the main body of the page where
you will see:
- announcement of the organizqation
- list of outstanding messages other members sent to you.
- announcements of all groups to which you belong.
- generic services (same as the navigation buttons on the left,
see details below)
All members can get the following generic services once logged into
You can click here to see more details of the above services
Once you enter a group (what is a group?), then you can perform the following functions:
- check, read, send, reply, delete messages with other members of the same organization.
- search other members by name
- show or update your frequent contacts list
- view other member's personal data (phones, address, families, etc.,
subject to the privacy preferences
set by the target member).
- see calendar of events of this organization
- vote in organizational issues
- read, post, and respond to organizational bulletin board
- show and enter groups
- make pledges to the organization
- show past contributions to this organization
- update personal information (phones, addresses, etc.)
- upload a personal (or family) picture for others to share
- change member password
- set personal privacy preferences
- list all group members
- see group calendar of events
- read, post, and respond to group bulletin board
- vote in group issues
FREE Banner Exchange
Member of the Internet Link Exchange